Sunday, December 13, 2015

Kindness After the Paris Attacks

Immediately following the November 13th Paris attacks, I was contacted by a few different sites to write an article about it. Being less than two miles away from where one of the attacks happened, and living in a city where the effects of the attacks continue to be felt, it seemed I was a decent candidate to write about them.

I was flattered. But I was also at a loss for words. I couldn't really figure out what I wanted to say about it. What was different about my experience? We'd all gone through it in different ways, some much more affected than others.


Finally, I was able to put something in words, taking on the angle of a parent with small kids.

I shared my story over on TODAY Parents: "Kindness After the Paris Attacks". Give it a read and feel free to leave a comment!