Monday, November 3, 2014

My Entourage

When I first arrived in Paris, newly single and fresh out of a job, I was also fresh out of friends. For one whole week I tried meeting Frenchies and immersing myself in local culture before I took a step back and realized, "Damn, I'm way funnier in English."

I realized I needed to make some English-speaking friends, stat. So I tried a variety of different techniques, all of which I hoped didn't come across as awkward or desperate as I felt.

Friendship is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel its true warmth. Thank you for being the pee in my pants.
Ignore the typo. That's what I get for stealing off the interwebs.

It worked because before long, Lonely McLonelyson had an entourage. That's not as cool as it sounds--in French entourage doesn't so much mean "groupies" as it does "group of friends, so get over yourself you egomaniac." Still.

Wanna know my secret (besides roofies and my sparkling personality)? Check out my article on The Indie Chicks!

Writer at The Indie Chicks

Vicki Lesage, Author